The big reveal.....

Good Morning peoples! 
We are two days into the week, we can do this!  

This will be a quick post but remember this sneak peek from yesterday?


Here's the story, I have been wanting some new artwork for my dining room. I haven't been very successfull but I learned a couple years ago, be patient and I will find exactly what I wanted.  I was reading a blog and saw this picture of a living room with some artwork on the walls like so: 


I wished I would have taken a snapshot of the whole room together but you know, the good ideas always come too late.  I knew this was the artwork I wanted in my dining room, same colors and all.  Knowing that I would probably never have that good of luck finding it let alone being able to afford it, I started studying it and realized, it can't be that hard to duplicate.  

Supplies:
3- 24" x 36" Master's Touch Canvas
$12 each ($19.99 with 40% Hobby Lobby coupon)
2 Bottles Honeycomb Acrylic Paint
$1.37 each
Roll of Painters Tape
had on hand
Midsize art paint brush
had on hand

Process:
 I apologize in advance that I do not have pictures of the project process.  =( Another good idea that came too late.  

1. You have to work this project in quadrants, 4 total

2. I measured my midlines and marked them with tape. 
3.  I started with quadrant 1 and did my measurements
4. Each strip is an inch wide
5. After I taped off the 5 strips for that quandrant, I painted a thin layer of paint. I wanted some of the canvas to show through. 
6. I let that dry, removed the tape and moved on to quandrant two. I had to remove the horizontal tape strip and put it on the top of the midline. 
7. You have to move the tape back and forth a few times

The process ended up beinig very easy once, I knew my measurements. By the time I got to the third canvas, I was a pro.  The most deceiving part was that it looked as though none of my lines in each quanrant matched it's corresponding line (quandrant 1 & 3, 2 & 4) but after all tape is removed, it works and all looks right.  



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so happy with how they turned out!! I think my canvas' were a bit wider than the inspiration photo but my that wall is so big, it all works.  I am finishing up the rest of the decor in this room. Will have more photos to come.  






Comments