Where did 2017 go?

It is hard to believe that 2017 has just 2 short months left! What happened to the year?!  I look back and I have to ask myself what have I actually accomplished? What was it that made this year feel such a blur?  I had to ask myself if I was just too busy or was too distracted.  This has been a tough year.  Lots of change, lots of heartache but also lots of joy.  New adventures took place and new chapters began.
In March, my husband was elected as the Oklahoma District Sunday School Director.  That blind sided us! We were not expecting nor ready for something of that magnitude. We were grateful for the confidence that so many had in us to handle this position and the responsibilities.  We quickly realized that the biggest event was coming up in 2 short months and had to plan an entire Crusader's Camp for ages 8-10. That was a chore! But we trusted that God knew what He was doing and helped us along the way. We managed to get it all together and had a great week! It was so fun for us and had a blast. 





Over the next 2 months of summer, we spent time helping out at the campgrounds with the youth camps and OK district family camp. Summer went by so fast and before we knew it, school supply lists were rolling in and classes had started.




During that summer blur, my kiddos had hit milestones in their lives.  Maddie Girl turned 13 and T-man turned 10.  My babies weren't really babies anymore.  The dynamic in tbe house has shifted as we are navigating through teen hormones!  New phase for all of us! It has been challanging but also enlightening. They each started their last year in their school, 8th and 5th.  M will be moving on to high school next year and T will go to middle school! Wow!




On the church front, this year has been challenging.  We have lost some but also gained some.  We have been going out into our community and doing more volunteer work which is what a church should do.  A church is not just contained to the 4 walls.  Amazing things have happened at the church as well and it is always right when we need it.  It is just God saying to trust in Him and never doubt that He is in it all. 






So despite the tone of this post, this has been a good year.  We have grown so much over 10 months in trusting in God, trusting each other and coming together as a family.  Not just as a household family but also the church family.  Thank you to everyone who reads this and I pray that sometimes it will help and encourage you as something may let you know that you are not alone in a situation. I am not a good journal keeper (as you can tell from my long absence in posting) but I am finding a way to make this my outlet. You get to see a bit into our world of pastoring and raising two children. We don't always know what tomorrow holds and lately I have been learning to slow down and take a deep breath.  Life is too short to let is slip by!  

Comments